HAPPY TEACHERS CHANGE THE WORLD!
US Vietnam Talent International School (UTS) is looking for an International Program Secondary Math Teacher (Expat, Onboard in Aug 2022), who is responsible for delivering inspiring Math lessons and promoting a student-centered environment that nurtures UTS 6 Core Values: Integrity, Respect, Courage, Contribution, Lifelong Learning, and Creativity. An IP Secondary Math Teacher is also a team member, who is willing to support other teachers and the management team to create an energetic educational workplace.
A. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
1. PLANNING AND TEACHING
- Plan and teach well-structured and engaging lessons in accordance with the relevant pacing guide that correspond to school standards, delivery 30 to 33 periods teaching periods and up to 3 extra-activity periods per week (each period equivalent to 40 minutes in length), following the timetable and teaching plan;
- Adapt and tailor teaching to meet the needs of individual students, creating a student-centered environment so that all are appropriately supported and challenged;
- To liaise with other teachers (International Program and National Program) to ensure learning support needs are addressed and support high quality learning;
- Conduct tutorials for underachieving students;
- Cover lessons for absent teachers when needed.
- Provide students with high quality and timely feedback that enables them to know where they are and what they need to do to improve;
- Design a wide range of formative and summative assessment tools to evaluate student learning including, but not limited to, worksheets, homework, tests;
- Provide assessment and achievement information/data as required for tracking and reporting purposes;
- Conduct placement test for prospective students.
3. PARENT ENGAGEMENT & STUDENT WELLBEING
- Work closely with the local teachers to communicate with parents on academic or social matters, including follow up on reports, parents’ meetings etc.;
- Initiate campaigns/workshops to strengthen connection between parents and UTS.
- Maintain a purposeful and safe learning environment for all students;
- Promote the general progress and wellbeing of individual students and of UTS community;
- Alert appropriate staff to problems experienced by students and make recommendations as to how these may be resolved and contribute to the preparation of action plans and other support mechanisms.
4. CURRICULUM REVISION
- Give feedback on the school curriculum when necessary;
- Assist in the development and revision of the school’s syllabi and materials if needed.
5. EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES, EVENTS, CAMPAIGNS AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Offer exciting extracurricular activities and clubs that support the holistic development of students; Be involved in the organization and delivery of events, festivals, assemblies, etc;
- Embrace all opportunities to develop knowledge and understanding through internal and external PD or sharing workshops/events/campaigns;
- Comply and contribute to the UTS quality improvement plan: mentor observation, peer observation, self-reflection, etc.;
- Proactively participate in sharing sessions/workshops to contribute to the progress of the whole IP team.
- Attend team/department/school meetings to get updates on codes, regulations, and policy;
- Complete all paperwork required for leave requests, work permits, disciplinary measures, etc. according to timelines laid out by school policy
6. UTS 6 CORE VALUES AMBASSADOR
- Promote and incorporate UTS Core Values – Integrity, Respect, Courage, Contribution, Lifelong Learning, and Creativity – into daily lessons, activities, and campaigns;
- Be a living example embodying UTS Core Values.
B. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Graduated with Degree of University in Education Or Bachelor’s degree and CELTA/PCGE/QTS certificate
- At least 2 years teaching experience of Common Core Math/ IGCSE
- Outstanding classroom practice
- Understanding of effective teaching and learning theory and practice of providing effectively for the individual needs of all children through classroom organization, differentiation and learning strategies
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- High level of IT competence
3. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- High level of personal integrity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Willingness to take on multiple tasks
- Adaptability and continuous strife for improvement
C. CONTACT INFORMATION
Human Resources Department – US Vietnam Talent International School
Address: Van Lang Education Complex
Gate 1: 69/68 Dang Thuy Tram, Ward 13, Binh Thanh District, HCMC
Gate 2: 80/68 Duong Quang Ham, Ward 5, Go Vap District, HCMC
Tel: (028) 7107 8887 (Ext: 5308)